ABOUT JOHN KAIL
John Kail attended Southwest Missouri State University where he earned his Bachelor of Science Degree in Political Science with a minor in Public Law before attending the University of Missouri-Columbia School of Law School where he graduated in 1998.
After graduation from law school, John became the Assistant Executive Director for a multi-million dollar trade organization in Kansas City. In his role as Assistant Executive Director, John was responsible for community outreach projects, interaction with local and state governments and lobbying on behalf of the organization's membership.
Upon his return to Springfield in 2000, John worked as an Assistant Prosecuting Attorney in the Greene County Prosecutor’s office, primarily handling DWI and felony cases, where he successfully handled thousands of DWI cases, felony cases and traffic tickets and personally participated in numerous trials. Additionally, John worked closely with Missouri Department of Revenue attorneys and gained extensive knowledge in all matters pertaining to driver license issues in Missouri.
Since entering private practice as a criminal defense attorney in 2002, John has continued to build on this experience through the representation of thousands of people all across southwest Missouri on felony, misdemeanor, traffic and driver license cases.
Recently, John was nationally recognized by The National Trial Lawyers as one of their Top 100 Trial Attorneys and was again honored in 2015 with Missouri’s 10 Best Client Satisfaction Award by the American Institute of Criminal Law Attorneys.
When not working hard for his clients, John enjoys spending time with his wife and three sons. He is also a devoted fan of the Kansas City Royals, Kansas City Chiefs and Missouri Tigers.
- University of Missouri-Columbia School of Law, Juris Doctorate (1998)
- Southwest Missouri State University, Bachelor of Science (1995)
ADMITTED TO PRACTICE
- All Missouri and Municipal Courts
- U.S. District Court, Western District of Missouri
- The Missouri Bar
- Missouri Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers
- Springfield Missouri Metropolitan Bar Association
- Christian County Missouri Bar Association
Awards & Achievements
- Recipient of the 2015 Top 100 Trial Lawyers Award from The Top 100 Trial Lawyers Association
- Recipient of the 2015 Missouri Client Satisfaction Award from the America Institute of Criminal Law Attorneys
- Selected to help train local law enforcement on the prosecution of DWI cases