THE EXPERTISE YOU NEED AND THE PERSONAL ATTENTION YOU DESERVE
If you accumulate a certain number of points on your driving record, or are convicted of a DUI or DWI, you may suffer a suspension or revocation of your driver’s license. If this happens, you have three choices.
- You can illegally drive without a valid license and risk a misdemeanor or felony charge if you are caught.
- You can comply with the law, which means you will have no way to get to school or work unless you have relatives or friends willing to transport you.
- You can contact an attorney like John D. Kail to represent you with the Department of Motor Vehicles (DMV) who can work with you in an attempt to have your driving privileges restored, if not fully, at least on a limited basis.
At The Law Office of John D. Kail, we work vigorously to have a suspension or revocation removed and to have your driving privileges reinstated. Here are a few options we can present to the court.
- You have a hardship and request limited driving privileges: Depending on your individual situation, you may be able to get a limited driver’s license that allows you to drive to specified locations, like to work or to school.
- Reinstatement of driving privileges: Depending on the reasons why your license was suspended, there are ways an attorney can assist you in having it reinstated. For example, if your license was suspended pursuant to a DUI/DWI conviction, your license may be reinstated if you agree to have an interlock ignition device installed which will not allow you to start your car if your BAC is at a certain level.
- Substance Abuse Traffic Offenders Program (SATOP): If you have been convicted of a drunk driving offense, you must complete a SATOP in order to have your license reinstated. There is a fee for attending a program. An attorney can help you find a program and obtain adjustments to your class assignment.
Commercial Driver License (CDL) issues: If you have a CDL, you know that if you lose your license, you will also lose your job. This threatens your ability to provide for your needs and the needs of your family and will affect your entire career. If you are facing a hearing where your CDL may be suspended or revoked, or you have been charged with a DUI/DWI, call as soon as possible. We work diligently to help all CDL holders maintain their licenses and their livelihood.
If you are seeking an attorney for your driver licensing case in southwest Missouri, contact John Kail today at (417) 869-4680.